Saturday, September 24, 2011

Any Day Now

It's weird... part of me feels like I've been pregnant FOREVER, but yet the other part of me cannot believe that it's already week 39 and how fast time has flown by! I'm only a week out from my due date and already wishing Allen Jess would hurry up and come out! For whatever reason, I kind of thought he would be a summer baby and come early... but summer has officially ended, so whether he ends up "on time" or late, looks like we're gonna have us a fall baby here real soon! 

I haven't gotten to the point where I'm completely miserable all the time, so I guess I really can't complain... but nevertheless, I think I'm really over this whole being pregnant thing right about now! I guess I'm just tired of my back hurting all throughout the day (and night), feeling uncomfortable pretty much all the time, having to get up a half dozen times throughout the night to go pee, and especially not being able to bend down and paint my toes!!! I feel bad complaining cause I know it could be a lot worse, but I'm just so ready for this to be over with so I can carry my sweet baby in my arms instead of my belly!

I had my weekly doctors visit with Dr. Neal and all went well. It had been several weeks since he last examined me and told me I was dilated at 1.5 centimeters, so I was anxious to hear of any progress. As it turns out, I managed to dilated another 1.5 cm to a total of 3 cm now. So even though I am dilating, the Dr. didn't seem too concerned considering the fact that I haven't been feeling any contractions whatsoever! So perhaps to "encourage" labor, he did decide to "strip my membranes" which didn't feel all that great... but if there's a chance it could hurry up the process, I'm all for it! The Dr. was pretty optimistic he wouldn't see me at my scheduled appointment next week... but I on the other hand am somewhat pessimistic and have a feeling that I'll be seeing him again come my Monday afternoon appointment.

As far as little Allen Jess is concerned, I'm sure he's tired of being cramped up in there too! He continues to grow and develop, but there obviously isn't much room for him to move about. All of his organ systems are now complete with his lungs being the last to fully mature, and his toenails have now finally reached the end of his little toes.
I guess all that's left after all this time...
is for him to make his grand appearance!


Hurry up Allen Jess...
Ming & Bing are waiting for you!!!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We heard baby Allen Jess is here! YAY! Can't wait to see a picture of his sweet face! :)

    ReplyDelete