Monday, April 9, 2012

New Evidence

Ever since Allen Jess was born, the argument has always been... just who exactly does that cute baby boy look like? We've gotten a completely mixed bag of answers... with a few saying me, several saying someone in my family, a handful saying Jei, a couple saying Jei's family, and the rest going  with the safest answer, a mix between the both of us. Well, if you had asked me, I really didn't see me or my family in him all that much... excluding his big bushy eyebrows and the trademark Etheridge forehead. But with no good (or bad for that matter) baby pictures of Jeilene, it was hard to say that he looked like Jei or anyone else from her family. And even from looking at my baby pictures... for me, I just didn't see much of Allen at all.   








And then out of nowhere... right before we were set to leave for our vacation down south, Momma Soch handed us a pile of old photographs. During her last trip back home in Mexico, she had apparently found a few old pictures of Jeilene back when cassette & VHS tapes were still popular! As soon as I realized what they were, my jaw hit the floor! I was completely flabbergasted!!! I had never seen Jei as a little/baby girl before... but that wasn't why I was so amazed. It was as if I was looking at Allen Jess's twin sister! I was stunned at how much of Allen I saw in Jeilene when she was little. By my reaction... you would've thought I had won the lottery. But I was just so happy and kind of relieved to finally know who Allen looks like... and where/whom he got his cuteness from! Maybe from an outsider's perspective (not seeing him everyday) you may not see it... but if you ask me, I totally see Allen Jess in Jeilene... or Jeilene in Allen Jess.








So what do you think?
Me... Jeilene... or a combination of us both?

1 comment:

  1. Wow... how has everyone not weighed in on this yet?! Maybe because it's so obvious - he looks like his pretty momma!!!!!! (thank goodness! ☺)

    So fun to see the baby pics...

    ReplyDelete