Friday, May 23, 2014

Remember Us?

After Jack was born and Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh left to go back home in January, we weren't real sure how soon we were going to see them again. Of course we all were hoping for a lot sooner than later... and I'm sure to Moe-Joe even a few weeks felt like a few months! Nevertheless, it ended up being almost three and a half long months before Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh made their way back to SoCal to visit their newest Grandson again. It felt like an eternity to us, so I can't imagine how it felt to Moe-Joe! Needless to say, she was absolutely beside herself to see and hold Jack again... but unfortunately, I don't think Jack remembered who she was. 


It took a while... a few nibblings on the neck & cheek, some smiles, and of course some good conversation, but Jack eventually recognized his Moe-Joe! 


Dad-Oh had to wait his turn with Jack... so in the meantime, he hung-out with Allen and helped him with his puzzle.


As you can imagine, Jei & I could not have been happier!
Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh were finally here...


...And our kids were happily entertained!


Moe-Joe trying her best to get 'Chunkalicious' to smile.


I'm sure it was a long wait, and one heck of a drive from Colorado,
but judging from their smiling faces, it was all worth it!


Moe-Joe finally gave in and let Dad-Oh play with Jack...
and by the looks of it, she wasn't too happy about it!


But Dad-Oh on the other hand...
was absolutely thrilled!


He made it quite clear that changing dirty diapers wasn't gonna happen, but at least Dad-Oh agreed to feed the little guy. 


And feed Jack he did... right into a milk-coma!


The next morning, Jack just couldn't wait to play with Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh again, so he snuck downstairs, crawled up in their bed, and woke them up!


Fortunately for Jack, his eagerness to play was most definitely mutual!


Dad-Oh and his handsome boys.


I always get tasked with chores when I go back to their house... so I only thought it was fair that I do the same with Dad-Oh, and put him to work!


Meanwhile... Moe-Joe & Jack stay busy playing inside.



But it wasn't long before the two made it outside,
to enjoy the beautiful weather and the chilly pool.



Dad-Oh & Jack spend some quality time together
playing on the couch with some toys.


Moe-Joe & Allen do the same,
as they play games & learn on the iPad.


It wouldn't be a family visit without two things:
a walk around the neighborhood with the boys...


And a trip to 'The Mill' for a delicious lunch outside!


Allen loves peeking over the rail
to watch the cars & motorcycles go by.


A nice walk to Old Town, a great lunch outside, and some gorgeous weather... I don't think our afternoon could have been any better!


With all the eating, walking, and playing...
Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh take a load off and relax.


We weren't real sure what happened to Dad-Oh the following morning, but some old guy showed up in the kitchen and actually helped make breakfast... weird!  


Moe-Joe was in charge of the boys,
where playtime was in full effect.


Moe-Joe even got Jack to ride his brother's bike for the first time!
Of course being an Etheridge, he loved it.


All good things must come to an end... but Allen wasn't quite ready for all that fun to stop. He ended up packing his own bags and was all set to take the fun on the road with Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh. 


Unfortunately, mean ole Dad-Oh broke the bad news that he had to stay home, which obviously didn't go over too well and made he and everybody else all upset. 


...Which later turned into a huge pout and a,
"I'm not going to look at the camera then!" 


It felt like a short visit - as they almost always do, but it was definitely a good one. Not sure if Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh got their Baby Jack fill (I think Moe-Joe actually tried to pack Jack into her suitcase!), but it will have do until we meet again in July. Thanks Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh for visiting and for playing with our boys! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment