Sunday, February 13, 2011

Global Warming?

After an extremely cold and winter-like week... we woke up Sunday morning to find the weather had done a complete 180 degrees on us!  Instead of freezing temperatures, snow, and bone-chilling wind... we had blue skys, sunshine, and warm spring-like weather!  It was the epitome of a perfect day, and there was no way we were going to spend it inside!  Much to my surprise... it was actually Jei's idea to accompany me to the local golf course for a few hours.  After all, what better way to spend a beautiful afternoon than outside swinging some golf clubs!?  Regardless, I certainly needed the practice and wanted to play... and Jei needed the exercise and wanted to be outside, so we decided to both walk 9 holes.  

But as we were getting ready to leave the house, Jei glanced over at the television and somehow noticed that the family in the show that was on was sitting down at the dinner table and eating Chinese food.  So naturally, as we were walking out the door, Jei turned to me and as serious as a heart attack told me, "You have to take me to get chow mein!"  What my baby wants - my baby gets... so on the way to the golf course we made a pit stop to the local dirty Chinese place and quite literally picked up Jei's lunch for the week!


The grass was dead and the course was super busy...
but it was cheap and the sunshine felt great!


Although Jei wasn't much help tracking, seeing, and finding my many horrendous golf shots... she sure was one Hell of a flag tender!  


There's a reason I'm not on the PGA Tour...
This was the first of three attempts at getting that stupid little ball in that dumb cup!


I may not be a pro golfer... 
but at least I can suspend a golf ball in midair with my putter!


We even got to see some of the local wildlife!


"Dude.. did you see that shot?"
"Yeah, I know... that guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!"


"Stupid Groundhog!  What happened to six more weeks of  winter?!"


What a great day!  Jei felt great and got some good exercise in, I got to play a little golf and didn't play half as bad as I expected to, and we both got some much needed sunrays from all that warm sunshine!  Let's just hope this warm weather sticks around for a while!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Lunch for a week alright! Glad to see you both walked it off! Much luck tomorrow! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still think Jei's description of Mother Nature being bi-polar is the most appropriate...I mean one post is your snow covered back yard..and next you're in short sleeves on the golf course! Would hate to see the size of the "dinner special"! mj

    ReplyDelete