Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Excited Much?

Jeilene had her third doctor's appointment this Monday and all went well.  She got to hear  our little baby's heartbeat again and was eager to wrap up week 11... and happily welcome in week 12!  Unfortunately, the first trimester hormonal crisis (for lack of a better term) is still in full effect!  She's doing a lot better with her cravings, or so I thought anyway... until the other night when she happened to stumble across the "Mac & Cheese" Tree on FarmVille and then instantly began to crave... well, you know what!  Thank the Lord we actually had some leftover from a KFC meal from the other night in the fridge, or else I'm pretty sure the Earth would've stopped spinning!  Anyway... nauseousness, napping, fatigue, headaches and frequent but small meals are still pretty much the norm.  It hasn't really been that bad, so I guess I can't complain too much.  I'm just glad Jei is healthy and that our little baby is developing on schedule... and I'm sure we're both looking forward to having this first trimester behind us!  And even though it just seems so far away still, we're definitely both super excited about introducing the newest member of our family in late September!

But of course I'd be completely out of my mind to think that we're the only ones excited about this baby!!!  For instance... Momma Soch has already finished crocheting our baby's blanket (in green), and is currently working on a smaller white one for the crib!


And then out of nowhere, Moe-Joe completely surprises us with a package in the mail... where we found baby's very first stuffed animal: a little teddy bear with a t-shirt that reads, "I Love Butterbean" ...which just so happens to be Moe-Joe's nickname for baby!


And finally, the ladies in L.A. have all been secretly calling, talking, emailing, skype'ing, and completely planning out exactly how our new bedroom/nursery is eventually going to look like with Jeilene!  Of course I was only brought into the loop when a model/design/color was found that they all liked and wanted to run by me.  It's still pretty early... but I think we're all in agreement that the pic below would be a nice look! (Love the monkeys!!!)     


So... needless to say, 
Jei & I aren't the only ones getting super excited about this baby coming!

3 comments:

  1. You are correct - y'all aren't the only ones excited about meeting baby E!♥

    Love the nursery idea, too! Wish I could come over and help paint... or maybe just eat some Mac & Cheese with Jei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute guys! Our Trey's nursery had a big handpainted tree in one corner with monkeys hanging from it as well. It's a FUN idea and one he STILL remembers! (We moved when he was just 3.) Congrats on all the happy planning!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait till you're back in CA and we can seriously start planning this nursery!!!! BTW...Mandi/I could do this a lot cheaper than a muralist from LA!!! Love the monkey theme;-D

    ReplyDelete