Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ahead of Schedule


Although it’s a known fact that Mondays do in fact suck… this particular Monday was a rare exception!  Not only did I have the day off and didn’t have to go to my crummy job, but it was our second doctor’s appointment and I was totally anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.  The visit was mainly to get a bunch of blood work done, which I wasn’t too thrilled about… but the doctor was also going to see the results of the ultrasound we had a couple of weeks ago and let us know what he thought.

Alec had class and couldn’t come… so I had to put on my brave face and my big girl pants and deal with the blood drawing needles alone!  For fear I would totally panic and pass out during the blood drawing process… I immediately asked for a lollipop!  It was of course a Vitamin B lollipop to help thwart morning sickness, which I didn’t have at the time… but somehow I just felt like having that lollipop would be worth trying to help calm my nerves.  So there I was trying to be calm and not think about that foot-long needle that I was about to be stabbed with… when suddenly the door opened and in came the doctor.  We chit-chatted for a few and made sure I didn’t have any questions… and then he pulled out the little Doppler machine to see if he (we) could hear the baby’s heartbeat!  It was so unexpected and I was so excited to hear my baby’s little heartbeat that I had totally forgotten about the whole needle & blood thing happening to my arm!  So while the nurse continued to suck the life out of me… the doctor turned on the Doppler and began to listen to the life inside of me!  The doctor easily found the heartbeat and thumping away it was at a very healthy & steady 155 beats per minute… how exciting!    

Once the doctor finished and the nurse got me all bandaged up… the doctor gave me the results of the ultrasound.  Fortunately, everything looks good and little ‘butterbean’ actually measured a little bigger than expected… which means that just three days after being in the ninth week, we are jumping ahead to week 10… which of course means a new due date!

New due date: September 28, 2011!

On a different note, I have learned to categorize my days between good days and bad days.  For a day or two I got overly excited because I thought I was out of the proverbial morning sickness woods… but I got to feeling like crap again the other night (sigh), so I guess I’m still in the forest for now and looking forward to getting out ASAP!  On a positive note, it seems as though the baby no longer demands food every three hours which means I can leave work without looking (and feeling!) like a starving banshee rushing out to the nearest drive-thru!  And you cannot imagine the relief I feel now that baby welcomes fruits and salads!  I was actually getting a little worried there, now that I’m not so bloated… that I could see the results of all of baby's bad food choices in my marshmallow jelly-belly!  My new thing now is eating frozen fruit as an evening treat, so much so that I told Alec it might be worth getting a Sam's Club membership just for that (and possible other cravings).

So after we made a quick stop by the Zen Asian Diner for lunch… where I indulged in a deliciously-scrumptious Asian chicken salad, which I promise you had lettuce underneath all those obvious goodies… we went to Sam's Club and finally got ourselves a membership, only after quickly realizing what a godsend discounted boxes of diapers are going to be in about seven months!  There were so many goodies in there that never had I seen Alec shop without complaining before!  It seemed as though every isle greeted us with imaginary angels playing trumpets and banners held up by flying birds!  Okay, well maybe I went a little too far with the angels & the flying birds… but nonetheless, it was a good feeling to know that we’d now have access to such a wonderful variety of such large quantities of food!  And yes, I got my 5 pound bag of frozen tropical fruit… and a giant $1.16 Slurpee at the food court!  Yum!!!



2 comments:

  1. HEY!!! So exciting that it was a good appt. Love the progress that little BB is making! Keep feeding it all that yummy food - and hope you feel better!

    Oh, and by the way, every time you put up pictures of your meals I get hungry!!! Thanks... ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why I had Asian chicken salad for lunch and am wondering if I have all of the ingredients for a fruit smoothie...Yeah little butterbean!

    ReplyDelete