Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Growing... and Growing...

Week 33 and same ole-same ole. Still tired and lazy when I get home from work in the afternoons... still getting heartburn after spicy meals... and still getting back pain all throughout the day & night!  Starting to come to the conclusion that this whole pregnancy thing really sucks! But on the bright side, only seven more weeks to go... I think I can make it!  

Amazingly, my uterus has grown about 1,000 times its original size... but even so, little Allen Jess  doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon!). Because it's so snug in my womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore (although it sometimes feels like he is!), but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. Allen's kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight (great, just what I was looking forward to, being heavier!).



1 comment:

  1. The horizontal stripes are a great idea! Keep stretching them out ☺

    (btw, I am soooooo glad y'all are back online and posting!)

    ReplyDelete