What better way to spend Father's Day...
than hanging out with my boy at the motocross track?!
Actually, the annual Police & Fire Championships were held the day after Father's Day this year, but since we showed up to camp & practice the day before the races, it just worked out perfectly that I could spend my special day enjoying the two things I love best... riding my bike and hanging out with my son!
"I'm up from my nap now Dad...
I'm all ready to play!"
Allen loved to cheer me on from trackside and yell at me for going too slow!
The little guy is catching on pretty quick I tell ya! After thinking I had misplaced my riding gloves, I finally found them... on Allen! He of course had them on opposite hands, but he's definitely learning!
After figuring out the gloves...
maybe he'll move on to the boots next?!
God forbid we leave home without 'Knuffle Bunny!' Such a big boy already... sitting in the chair reading his favorite book all by himself!
If Allen wasn't in the trailer reading...
then he was definitely outside playing in the dirt!
Allen loves playing in the dirt...
just like his Daddy.
But eventually he got bored with all the small little rocks around our camp, so he got his little wagon and set off by himself to find some bigger and better ones!
Allen eventually wondered back and noticed I was out riding,
so he took full advantage of the shade and the empty bike stand!
"Look Ma... I can ride just like Daddy!"
Time to go racing!
Once again... racing all by myelf.
(Perhaps moving up a class wasn't such a good idea afterall?!)
Battling it out for...
second to last place!
I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I'll take chips, salsa and beer
over a lousy piece of gold plated plastic any day!
Allen being silly as usual...
Like father like son I guess.
Coming back from the awards ceremony... empty handed of course,
but according to Allen - I was a winner in his book!
The next morning Allen geared up...
and was ready to hit the dirt!
And that's exactly what he did!
That is what you look and feel like after racing for an hour straight! Hot, tired, sweaty, thristy... and so glad that was the last race!
Being at the track with my family, riding, camping, and enjoying some really great weather... I don't think I could've asked for a better Father's Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment