I think I was about three weeks along when I found out I was pregnant this time around, and with my body now recognizing what was going on, I'm pretty sure it told my insides to relax and spread out ever since then. That isn't necessarily a bad thing in the beginning, but somewhere around month four, everything (to include the kitchen sink!) felt like it was pushing up towards my stomach and crowding that tiny space inside me... which unfortunately has made pregnant life very uncomfortable. Everything about this pregnancy just screams bigger - from the uncomfortableness inside me to the actual size of my belly! I definitely don't remember feeling so big or so uncomfortable with Allen, and I know every pregnancy is different, but it's hard not to make comparisons.
Speaking of which... it has been confirmed, not only by me & what I feel and see, but also officially by the doctor... that Baby #2 is in fact slightly larger than Allen was at the same time in the pregnancy. Of course visual evidence certainly does help in this case! The pic on the left is me with Allen at 27 weeks, while the one on the right is with this pregnancy at week 26. So, what do you think? Bigger, right?
Unfortunately for me, the ever so annoying pregnancy symptoms reared their ugly head once again, although this time around the battle came much earlier than I expected. As with Allen, I experienced (suffered!) sciatic pain which definitely was uncomfortable but certainly manageable. But this time around it started a lot earlier and was much more of a pain in the butt (pun intended!) to manage. In the first trimester I would get stuck plenty of times in the middle of the room, trying to figure out how exactly to maneuver my way out of the excruciating painful position I so randomly found myself in. And more often than not, I was only getting up to go pee, so I can only imagine what I looked liked to Alec when he would walk into the room and find me just standing there in the middle of the room trying not to wet myself as I dealt with the pain and figured out how to move without hitting that nerve!
My annoying sciatic issues lasted a little longer than they did with Allen, but even then they finally went away after only about three weeks. But of course once I was relieved of the sciatic pain, I was greeted with a few more less painful symptoms. To say I was overwhelmed with fatigue would be a huge understatement! Needless to say, I was extremely grateful for Allen's two-hour afternoon naps. By five months I started to get very awkward and uncomfortable pelvic pain... which meant my afternoon walks (when I wasn't napping!) were pretty much over. It didn't bother me much being stuck in the house all day, but I really felt bad for Allen and hated that I couldn't take (walk) him to the park. Along with fatigue and pelvic pain came heartburn, and not just any heartburn either, it was a parade of fire along with breakfast, lunch and dinner! Not being able to sleep, feeling like my food was going to come back up (and out!), and worst of all... not being able to enjoy a good meal and training myself to eat less (Boo!) and to stay away from a bunch of things that taste so darn good!
Wow, I just realized how horrible I'm making this pregnancy sound! Well, to be completely honest, it hasn't exactly been a walk in the park so far and there've been times where I've been utterly miserable, but I know the end result is going to be well worth all the heartburn & uncomfortableness! I know there are moms who absolutely love being pregnant... unfortunately, I'm just not one of them. But regardless, I feel incredibly huge with still a long way to go, and can't imagine this little guy being any bigger than Allen was.


Oh no!!! So sorry for all your trials with this little guy... glad you are aware enough to "keep your eye on the prize"!!!! All I know is that you are always a picture of beauty with the world's best attitude and that will translate to your baby just like it did for Allen! (can you say happiest baby on the block?! Love that boy!!!) anyway, you look maaaahhhhvelous and I can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!!!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete