I suppose it was a little rough in the beginning,
what with all the boot camp nonsense...
But once all the fussiness and complaining subsided, and after Allen Jess realized Moe-Joe was on his side just trying to help out... all the frowns turned upside down, and the two of them were all smiles!
And when it got cold...
the two loved to snuggle up next to the warm fireplace.
Of course 'Naked Time' was a big hit too!
It wasn't easy getting time with our son with Moe-Joe being here...
but we honestly didn't care, because for one week, he was all hers!
And I thought I was good at making him smile!
Moe-Joe and Allen Jess sure did share a lot of laughs together.
They were like two peas in a pod!
"Hey... come closer, I've got a secret to tell you!
I love my Moe-Joe!"
"Okay, I think we're almost there! Now let's try it again...
You put your right leg out and you shake it all about..."
When Moe-Joe wasn't lovin on Allen...
She was lovin on one of us, the prettier one of course!
"Patty-cake, patty-cake, baker's man..."
We didn't nickname it Moe-Joe's Boot Camp for nothing! She had the poor little guy rolling, reading, and reaching at every chance she got!
You can't see her hands... but I'm pretty sure Moe-Joe had all her fingers crossed in hopes Allen Jess didn't accidentally pee on her head here. But knowing Moe-Joe, I'm sure the kiss was well worth the risk!
Moe-Joe and Allen spending some quality time together in the morning... while Mommy & Daddy get some much needed rest!
For the most part, the weather was nice all week... and most certainly nice enough to spend the afternoons lounging around in the back yard!
Having lunch together out in wine country on a beautiful day...
Now that's something to raise your glass to!
Wine for Moe-Joe and an orange slice for Allen...
Everyone was very happy indeed!
The winery for lunch was definitely a great idea. Thanks to Moe-Joe for picking up the tab... and for making Allen one sticky little baby!
I don't think we had a bad day out of the entire week! It was all about spending time with Allen Jess... but we definitely found ourselves on some fun outings along the way.
Whether it was at home, at a restaurant, on a nature hike, in the car, inside by the fireplace or outside by the pool... Moe-Joe and Allen spent as much time with each other as they could. They only had a week together to do it, but by the end, the two of them had formed a very special bond.
Roundtrip plane ticket from coast to coast: $400
One week stay at the 'Etheridge Resort': FREE
Bonding all week with your baby grandson: PRICELESS
Thank you Moe-Joe for visiting! The week totally flew by... probably because we all had such a good time! Can't wait to see you again. I think Allen has already begun a countdown to March!
No comments:
Post a Comment