Woo-hoo... a week-long vacation in hot & humid Florida! It had been way too long since we A. visited Florida, and B. last saw Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh... so needless to say, all three of us were super excited about the trip! But the one thing Jei & I weren't so excited about was the plane ride to get there. Not only is it a long flight to begin with, but with Allen being older than he was when he first flew, we weren't really sure what to expect from him. So with our fingers crossed, hoping he would be a good little boy and sleep the whole way, we packed our bags, said goodbye to Ming & Bing, made the drive down to San Diego, checked in... and then anxiously waited to board our flight to Florida to visit Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh.
"This toy's great and all Mom...
but when do I get my cocktail & pretzels?"
"Shhh... be quiet Mom!
I'm trying to learn how those funky seatbelts work!"
"Wow... that 1-year-old in 16-A is really cute!"
"Bye bye California!"
"Sleep? Are you kidding me? I'm on a plane, I've got a window seat, and I'm going to see my Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh in Florida! Nice try Dad, but not on this flight!"
So after an hour delay, changing planes in San Antonio, and trying our best to put our wiggle-worm of a son to sleep without the use of narcotics or alcohol... we finally made it to Orlando well after midnight... where two very worn out, tired and hungry parents and their exhausted little son met two very excited and happy Grandparents... and our vacation officially began!






Oh man - that is my ALL TIME favorite moment - seeing MJ & Dado in the lobby of the Orlando airport!!!! My heart always just skips a beat. Too bad it was so late when it happened for y'all!
ReplyDeleteSo... that was a great little intro - now bring on the beach/pool pics!!!!! ☺
Seeing those happy little faces upon arrival at OIA is one of my favorite "freeze frame" moments!!!
ReplyDelete