A Florida vacation to Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh's house
without a visit to the beach???
without a visit to the beach???
...not even a possibility!!!
The men loaded up the truck while the women packed our lunch and drinks as we headed out to New Smyrna Beach for the afternoon.
It was Allen's very first beach experience... and he couldn't wait to play in the sand and splash in the water!
It was an absolute perfect day to be at the beach... but with the sun as hot as it was, a good coat of sun block was certainly needed!
All lubed & suited up...
ready to go play!
A few pics of Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh
taking Allen out to the waves for the first time.
"Whoa... this is kind of scary Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh!
Hold my hand please!"
"Weeeeee... this is fun Dad-Oh!"
"Sorry Allen... but I don't think you're ready
for those big waves out there just yet!
"Dad... seriously? I'm not even one yet...
there is no way I can body surf!"
Moe-Joe & her three happy boys at the beach!
hard not to smile, unless you're a 10-month-old.
Momma & her sweet baby boy enjoying the ebb & flow.
Allen sure did like playing in the warm tide pools!
Jei couldn't let Allen have all the fun!
"Warm water, sand, AND toys!?!?
Wow, this is awesome!!!"
"Hey look... a sand flea!"
With such a good looking hunk on the beach all by himself...
the women just couldn't resist!
Moe-Joe hanging out with her new best friend.
It didn't take much to convince the little guy to take a nap on the soft sand with the sound of the ocean in the background!
Life is Good!
Allen Jess woke up in a good mood (gee, I wonder why?!)
so he and Moe-Joe played in the shade for a while.
Until Dad-Oh and I grabbed our paddles and began to play some Pro Kadima. Allen's attention quickly turned to us and for whatever reason, thought that us hitting a ball back and forth was the funniest thing he had ever seen!
Dad-Oh never goes to the beach without his little bucket!
"Dad-Oh... are you going wee-wee?"
The water wasn't actually as warm as I thought it would be, but you certainly couldn't tell from these two happy people... who just loved being in the water together!
A big saltwater kiss from Momma!
In the ocean... at the beach... with their grandson...
yeah, I don't think Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh were all that happy!
"Okay Allen... remember, when the wave comes
you have to be brave and stand your ground!"
I love this photo... because it reminds me of what happened immediately following me taking it! A larger than usual wave came up unexpectedly... and while Moe-Joe's instinct was to pickup and save Allen, she left no room, effort or time to save herself! So she completely got swallowed up in the wave and fell over into the sand and got all wet! It was so funny that I didn't even think to try and take another picture. I was too busy laughing!!!
"Okay Ma... I'm ready!
Bring it on!!!"
We all know how much Moe-Joe loves the beach... but we weren't quite sure how Allen was going to like it. But much to our relief, Allen completely fell in love with the ocean, the sand, the warm weather, and everything else that is the beach! He must be an Etheridge!
Perhaps a little too small and inexperienced to bodyboard this time around, but who knows... maybe next year?!
Thanks Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh for taking us to the beach!
We loved it and can't wait to go back!



















Just LOVED all of the pictures! Sure was a Great trip.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!!! Those are the best pictures... and there is nothing better than a baby on the beach! Allen looks so sweet and like he really liked the beach - thank goodness! Hope next time he's there, I get to play with him, too! ☺
ReplyDelete