After two straight days of shredding the ski slopes... we all most certainly needed a day to recover. I was hoping that meant getting to sleep in the following morning, but instead, we all were awoken by the sounds of Allen checking his imaginary customers out at his register.
Of course the two that I thought were going to be the loudest...
were absolutely the most silent! (Thank you iPad!)
Naturally, donuts take precedent over any & all electronics!
Of course once Allen heard "donuts," he immediately stopped making a mess... er, uh, I mean organizing his blocks and came to the kitchen as fast as he could!
After breakfast it seemed like a nice enough day to get out a bit, stretch the legs some and go for a walk around town.
Allen & I bundled up and were ready for the cold.
Even though the locals thought we were lame...
seeing wildlife around town totally made us giddy!
Allen was apparently oblivious to the deer crossing the street.
A quick pit stop to get the mail.
After the chilly walk, Allen went downstairs to play...
And to cheer on Sammy perfecting his dance moves.
After some lunch and a little nap that afternoon, Allen decided he wanted to go outside and play... but wasn't such a happy camper when his ears started to freeze!
So he quickly ran inside, grabbed his beanie,
and that frown turned upside down!
Hamp & Sam (actually it might have originally been Jason & I) wanted to go sledding that afternoon... so we packed everyone in the ride, to include Gabe, and headed over to the infamous sledding hill.
BFF's!
Once at the top, Allen chickened out on sledding down... so Aunt Moo was in charge of escorting him to the bottom so he could catch all the action.
Sam & Hamp on the other hand...
did not chicken out!
"Aunt Moo? Should my Dad really be doing that?
I think he's a little too old to be... OUCH! I bet that hurt!"
After Jason & I take turns sledding down the hill and busting our rears in the process, Aunt Moo & Momma have a serious conversation about the mental capacity of their significant others!
Allen & Jei find a good spot to watch
all the fun sledding action and cheer on the brave!
Back at home, Jason had some business to care of (code brown!), while the rest of us played a really fun family game together.
It involved music, acting, and dancing...
so you know Hamp & Sam were in it to win it!
Allen found an empty milk container,
and you would've thought it was filled with gold!
He carried it all around the house...
and I'm sure he wished it wasn't empty!
That evening, Allen found himself another milk container... which I'm sure was an obvious hint for his Momma to make him a bottle!
KISS ATTACK!!!
Whose ever idea it was to stay at home, relax, play games, have fun, and let our bodies recover a little... it definitely was a brilliant one! But with another early morning and a big ski day ahead of us, Gabe was well ahead of us and had the right idea of hitting the sack early and getting some rest.




















No comments:
Post a Comment