I don't think it could have worked out any better if we tried! It was just one of those times when everything just worked out perfectly! For instance... it just so happened that the same weekend that I was coming home to pick up and move Jeilene & the cats... was the same weekend of the graduation! I flew in Friday night and 12 hours later I was with family watching Gema receive her diploma & her official chef hat!
Being the monumental occasion that it was, I certainly wasn't the only family member that happened to drop by! As it turns out... J.R. had planned to fly up earlier in the week from Mexico to pick up a van his uncle gave him and then drive it back south. Once "the Girls" heard about J.R.'s short little visit... there was no way they were going to let him cross that border without the cuter/prettier half of his family! So adorable little Anabella and Idely packed their bags too and by week's end they were in L.A.! (Baby Joanna couldn't get her Visa taken care of in time for the trip, so she had to stay home. Bummer!)
So although Gema was very proud and happy to be recognized for having perfect attendance and graduating with Honors... I think it's safe to say that she was even happier and felt more blessed that her extended family was there to help share in her accomplishments and her outstanding achievements... on such a amazingly beautiful day! We weren't really sure what to expect... but the venue was definitely a lot bigger than I expected... there were a heck of a lot more people in the stands than I imagined... and there was definitely a lot more people wearing white than I thought there was going to be!
Here is Gema with some of her classmates during rehearsal.
Once we all finally found some seats together...
we all sat down eagerly anticipating the ceremonies!
we all sat down eagerly anticipating the ceremonies!
The graduation ceremonies eventually commenced and it was only a matter of time before it was Gema's turn to walk down the aisle (so to speak) ...with all her family & friends in the stands cheering her on!So wonderful to see classmates reach their goals!
...And greet what is only the beginning of their journey with a big smile!
Chef Gema with her two biggest fans!
Gema showing off her beautiful 'Le Cordon Bleu' Graduation Ring
I'd like to think we all were important enough to somehow snag an open spot in the sea of people outside the park... but I think we were just lucky! So of course we took advantage and squeezed in for a photo! Like I said... an absolute gorgeous day, but tons of people!
My new best friend!
After graduation it was off to celebrate! We all packed in to a restaurant in old town Pasadena and raised our glasses in honor of the new Chef!
How else could we have celebrated & honored a newly graduated Pastry Chef? ...But with a delicious flour-less chocolate cake of course!
Fortunately for Alec... he had his own little helper to clean up his messy eating habits!
Congratulations Chef Gema!!!
..from your biggest fans & your most loyal taste testers!
The graduating class of 2010
I would like to thank Gema for setting such an excellent example and for teaching us it's never too late to discover and follow a new passion, no matter how long it takes or how hard you have to work ...even if it means setting aside your social and personal life! Alec and I both admire her effort and dedication and are so very proud of her and her new title! We feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family who supports and encourages one another no matter how rough the journey ahead of us lies! We congratulate "Chef" Gema and wish nothing but good luck and great success to her and her new future!
To new beginnings!





















I am so proud of Gema, she sure showed us all "it's never to late to start"! Wow, we have a Chef in the family, that is wild.
ReplyDelete