Woo-hoo! Not only did we inch yet another week closer by entering number 27 this week... but we also finally slipped into the third trimester as well! The days & weeks are getting smaller now, but baby is undoubtedly getting bigger!
We had another doctor's appointment this week and all went well. My glucose test results were finally in and I passed with flying colors! Once again, we got to hear our little baby boy's heartbeat and it sounded healthy & strong. I also ended up gaining four pounds... which was a lot less than I thought it was going to be!
Lately I've been feeling super tired... especially right when I get home from work, so afternoon naps have been pretty common. The doctor told me I now have to start doubling my water intake... so now I'll be peeing every ten seconds instead of every twenty! I've also had a lot of heartburn, but according to the doc it's pretty normal during pregnancy. Nothing my trusty bottle of 'Tums' can't cure though!
Baby Boy E's lungs are already capable of breathing air as his vascular system can now handle oxygen/carbon exchange and his brain stem can now regulate rhythmic breathing as well as his basal body temperature! Cool huh? And finally, Alec & I have got to remember to talk to our little baby as often as we can... for reading stories and singing songs have been shown to slow the baby's heart rate. He can also definitely recognize my voice now and will hopefully calm to it later after birth. And if that doesn't work, I've giving him to Alec to deal with! =)
The last trimester (big sigh)... here we go!!!


I LOVE the picture of you guys holding hands... who did that?!?! It's perfect. Jei - you look AMAZING! Congrats on tri-three! Not much longer now!!!
ReplyDelete