Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting Bigger!

Wow... is it really 31 weeks already? Wait a second, what am I saying... it feels like I've been pregers for years now! Anywho, besides the occasional heartburn and sciatic pain, I'm feeling really good. So far my kidney stones have been "cooperating" and are still lying dormant (hopefully) waiting for Allen Jess to hurry up and pop out already! But I can totally see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel now... with my brother's baby boy having been born last week, I know my time won't be too far behind... and I'm totally getting excited about it! And speaking of getting excited, my baby shower is next week and I get to see a lot of family & friends... not to mention get a ton of stuff for Allen Jess, so the end is near and Alec & I are doing our best to try and prepare for the grand appearance. But ask if we're mentally prepared yet... well that's a whole other story there!

This week Allen Jess should be around 3 pounds and 17 inches tall. And speaking of weight... we can apparently expect our little miracle-gro muffin to gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth! Yikes!!!  Little Allen's developing immune system has made some serious gains over the past weeks getting them in full gear to face our disease-ridden world o' wonders. Allen's cute little noggin' (which could already be covered with luscious locks or just purty peach fuzz) is still soft because the skull bones have not yet fused to together.  But as disturbing as having an infant with a soft cracked skull sounds... it's pretty much a necessity for passage through the birth canal during labor! So amongst other things, little Allen Jess is certainly growing and getting bigger... and so is my gigantor belly!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys! I have really enjoyed watching your journey to baby Allen through your blog! We sent a little something for you from Babies R Us today. I accidentally hit enter on the order before filling out a gift card, so if you get a package in the next few days from Babies R Us it's from the Lucas Family! We're so happy for y'all!!! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Allen!!! :)
    xo
    Andrea and crew

    ReplyDelete