Well, my 32nd birthday didn't quite start off like I wanted it to. I got up on a perfectly good day-off of work way too freakin' early! I had a play date with some coworkers to go motorcycle riding that morning so that made waking up early on my birthday a little more tolerable... or so I thought anyway! I went downstairs to take my 'pride & joy' out from under its dusty cover to see if after sitting for two years it would actually start. Not sure what I was expecting but I know what I was hoping for... and I sure as Hell didn't get it! My bike had no intentions of starting and it quickly became obvious that I had one heck of an expensive and heavy paperweight! I was pretty bummed so I just crawled right back into bed. After getting up the second time, I decided to keep my two-wheeled riding tradition on my birthday alive... and since I couldn't go play on the asphalt, I did the next best thing: played in the dirt instead!
After a sensational meal, a complimentary bowl of ice cream, and a Happy Birthday song sung in Japanese in my honor... Jei & I headed to the movies to see 'How to Train Your Dragon,' which was great! ...loved the scottish accents! After the movie we came back home and it was time to open presents!
I didn't have to work... got to ride my dirt bike.... had one of my favorite meals... got free ice cream... saw a good movie... and even got to open a few cards & presents! All in all, I think it was an outstanding birthday and thoroughly enjoyed turning another year older. I definitely want to thank everyone for all their wonderful birthday wishes, cards, emails, presents, and phone calls... that of course was the best part and what made it so special!




Dude - you are spoiled rotten!!!!! I don't feel so bad that our gift hasn't arrived yet, you have enough! :-)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, is that really YOU on that bike?!?!! wow.... your Colorado nephews were impressed!