Sunday, April 18, 2010

Birthday Girl

My 29th birthday weekend couldn't have started off any better!  A few of my coworkers took me out Friday after work for happy hour.  I couldn't let Alec stay home alone and watch ESPN all night, so I dragged him with me.  In the end, it was a really fun time had by all!  Great food, yummy drinks (Sprite on the rocks for me of course!), a few presents, and some good laughs... definitely good times!  

Saturday was my designated 'sleep-in' day... which, as you may have guessed, didn't get any objections from Alec!  That night we met some friends for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (Hmmm... my favorite!), and then after a magnificent meal and of course some delicious FREE cheesecake (thanks to Cousin Frank!), we went to the movies and saw 'Date Night', which if you're a big Steve Carell fan like Alec is, then you're sure to laugh out loud!   

I actually had to get up early on Sunday... for Alec & I had a date with a Harley that morning!  We had absolute fantastic weather which made the ride that much more amazing!  The wild flowers and California Poppies were in full bloom and were quite the site to see... although I don't think the pictures did them any justice.  


I felt bad not being 'available' for friends & family to wish me a happy birthday, so every once in a while I made Alec pull over so I could answer my phone.  I also used it as an excuse to rest my fanny too... those seats look way more comfortable than they really are! 


Now what exactly would a Southern California Harley ride be without some sort of pit-stop in the beautiful little quaint town of Julian?  We stopped for lunch at our favorite eatery: the Julian Cafe & Bakery.  


Of course, what would a pit-stop in Julian be without pigging-out on some famously delicious pie?!?  Hmmm... warm apple pie 'a la mode'!!!  YUMMY!  Happy Birthday to me!!!


The rest of the afternoon was spent putting on the miles!  Between the beautiful weather, scenery, and driver (hee-hee!)... I was lovin' it!


And after an ass-numbing 218 miles later... we had a little bit of sunburn, a little bit of windburn, belly aches from too much pie, and some pretty sore rear-ends... but it was so worth it!  What an amazing day!  Who knows, maybe we'll make this a yearly birthday tradition too?!


Thank you so much for everyone's phone calls, emails, gifts and good wishes.  I sure couldn't have hoped for a better time celebrating my last birthday in the 20's!  (p.s. Are we going to have to rent one with a side car next time? ...you know, for the twins???)    :-)

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to spend your bday! ...Definitely brought back memories of our HD ride together about this time last year..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I think a sidecar (one on each side, of course) would be so cool! Happy Birthday - the pictures are awesome!

    ReplyDelete