Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving in... where?

Thanksgiving in Elsinore?  ...Nope.
(2008)

Thanksgiving in L.A.?  ...Negative!
(2005)

Thanksgiving in Florida?  ...I don't think so.
(2006)

Thanksgiving in Meeker?  ...Not a chance!
 
(2009)
 
No, this year Alec & I were forced to spend our Thanksgiving in... Roswell, New Mexico!  To tell you the truth though, we both were actually very thankful... not that we were in crummy New Mexico, but that we were together... with our Key-Dens... as one small happy little family!  So although we so wished we were with our family somewhere else stuffing our faces with Turkey... we certainly made the best of our situation and had a quiet but extremely delicious Thanksgiving dinner... just the two of us!     

THE MENU: A full 15 pound turkey, brown rice (thanks Moe-Joe!), mashed potatoes, bacon-green beans (thanks Jason!), cornbread stuffing, gravy, and of course an Etheridge staple on Thanksgiving: croissants!  YUMMY!!!
You would have never known this meal was for two!
(Can you say, "Leftovers!")
Not to worry... Ming and Bing got their turkey too!
Sure, it was Turkey & Giblets from Science Diet in a can...
but we never heard them complain!
The traditional first slice photo... not sure Alec had any clue as to what he was doing, but everything was so delicious and we were so incredibly hungry that it really didn't matter!  


I must admit... not bad for my first time in the kitchen alone cooking a huge Thanksgiving dinner!  (The last time I was in charge of Thanksgiving dinner was in 2008... but fortunately, I had my Mom and plenty other "supervisors" to help make sure we didn't burn the house down!)
And of course, what would Thanksgiving dinner be without dessert!
Homemade Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream...
and Alec's favorite: Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies... YUM!!!
...and yes, we both had tummy aches, but it was well worth it!!!


FOUR DAYS LATER...

So after four straight days of nothing but turkey sandwiches, turkey paninis, turkey & gravy, and everything else turkey related... we finally finished all the leftovers, and we are officially, completely, and 100 percent absolutely sick of anything TURKEY for dinner!!!  With that being said, we sure did eat well for those four days!  Hope everyone enjoyed their leftovers just as much as we did!  
  


1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!!!! What a funny and sweet and DELICIOUS post!!! Wish we could have joined you... dinner looked great. I loved the T'giving through the years montage - and I appreciate the simple joy of spending a holiday with just your family! Here's to hoping next year will be FULL of lots of family for all of us!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete