Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"Are You Showing Yet?"

For a few weeks now my belly has been playing a game of "now you see me, now you don't"!  Most of the time I just feel bloated and assume that's why my belly seems bigger than usual... and then by the next morning it's gone back down to normal.  But then there are the days when I don't necessarily feel so bloated and I look down at my belly in the mornings and see a tiny little awkward bump that sits right in between my pelvic bones!  To be honest, it's rather annoying... not knowing exactly what's making me look so big... but between the bloatedness and the rapidly growing 'Butterbean' inside me, I'm pretty confident that this size belly of mine is here to stay... and it's only going to get bigger!

So for several weeks now I've been hearing a lot of... "So are you showing yet?" Since Alec & I see my belly everyday, we really haven't seen a dramatic change. Truth be told though, I've been reluctantly hesitant about taking belly pictures so that family & friends can see and decide on their own whether or not my belly has gotten any bigger.  Certainly not for any superstitious reasons, but simply because I didn't want to follow the same pattern we did with the twins last year.  This time around, I definitely wanted to wait until my belly both looked and felt very much real, so I could proudly stand in front of the camera with a confident smile that says, "Yay, there is a growing baby in here!"

So according to our calendar we are now in week 15... and have successfully conquered the first trimester!!!  It wasn't as rough as I'm sure it couldn't been, but I'm definitely glad to see those first three months behind us!  I still feel fatigued and tired a lot (especially after working the morning shift), and still get random headaches every now and then... but I haven't felt really nauseous in a while, so I hope I've seen the last of those days!  Other than that I feel really good and looking forward to our next doctor's visit next week.  In the meantime, our little baby should now measure somewhere around four inches... about the diameter of a large orange.

Please note: I think the baby was quite eager to come out and play in front of the camera... as both Alec and I saw my belly way bigger in these photos than we did later on that day. (Of course the huge pancake, eggs, and bacon breakfast we had that morning couldn't have had anything to do with it!)

15 Weeks

5 comments:

  1. YEAH! YEAH!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Thanks... you made me cry a little... glad to see that you look Ah-MAY-Zing and that there is indeed a growing BB in there. Love the "orange" picture... so will you take a watermelon pic later this summer?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sob! Sob! Sob! Well it's about time little Butterbean made an appearance! Like Mandi said, nice to see the orange as to get an idea of how big Bb is! But like she also said, are you going to show a watermelon in the near future! =) =) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...lump in the throat...our little Butterbean! So nice to see that he/she is really there! OK I checked and next week is an avocado...so will be watching for that posting;-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you guys don't live in a compound in Idaho? What's up with the wall?

    Ever the sensitive one . . .

    ReplyDelete