Easter this year wasn't just about giving thanks for all the blessings Jesus has given us, watching morning service online (yes, you read that right), and happy just because people say "happy Easter" all day... but it was more about celebrating and actually being happy that our stay here in Roswell is nearing its end!
The day began at 6:20 AM for Alec, as Ming was a nuisance all morning and didn't let him sleep! I, on the other hand, slept just fine... and my day thankfully didn't get started until two hours later! Our plans were to go golfing after watching service, but I took an unexpected nap (imagine that) and we ended up getting a late start, which meant stronger hurricane-force winds... so our plans to golf went right out the door. Instead, we stayed home and took advantage of the swing set in the backyard and enjoyed a beautiful (but windy) afternoon (in our Idahoan Compound)!
I'm not so sure Alec was completely satisfied with his detail here... and at the same time, I don't think I was completely satisfied with my stay here either! But I think the both of us are glad we came out to New Mexico, for at least Alec got to finally experience instructing at the Academy, and I didn't get to experience living by myself for 9 months! It was boring, uneventful, and we missed a lot of family... but all in all, I think we made the best of our time here and thoroughly enjoyed the only company we had... each other!
Roswell, New Mexico... thank you for the warm welcome, the lovely stay, and of course for giving us little 'Butterbean'!!! It's just too bad we won't be missing you much at all!
See ya in SoCal! =)
Too bad you won't be able to bring the gorgeous huge backyard with you to Elsinore! Oh well.
ReplyDelete