A beautiful Sunday afternoon...
Nothing to do...
In need of some exercise...
Time to explore...
The Bottomless Lakes State Park!
Okay, so it was only one lake, it was kind of small, and I'm pretty sure it had a 'bottom' to it... but nonetheless, it was somewhere we hadn't been yet (can you believe that!?) and it gave us something to do on such a gorgeous day!
We managed to find remnants of a trail system on top of some cliffs overlooking the lake... and well, you know me... I just had to go exploring!
Jei of course, didn't want anything to do with hiking down with me...
and was quite content with staying on top cheering me on!
The hiking was fun... reminded me of work actually,
but unlike hiking at work, I (fortunately) didn't run into any snakes!
I finally made it down all the way to the water's edge! It wasn't blistering hot or anything... but something about that water totally made me want to jump in for a swim!
I decided to stay dry however, and hiked it back up top.
Not really sure what we were expecting... but we were definitely disappointed! Not much of a lake, and the hiking was uneventful and somewhat uninviting. Regardless, we enjoyed getting out of the house, seeing something new, and of course... the wonderful weather!


No comments:
Post a Comment