Believe it or not... I've been pregers now for four whole months! Hard to believe considering how time seems to creep on by in slow motion out here.... but I think that's only because I'm looking forward to going home so much! Otherwise, it seems like just yesterday Alec & I were barely finding out the good news, and now to think that in less than six months we're actually going to be parents is honestly a little scary!
Anywho... week 17 is finally upon us and according to the baby measurement guide, little Butterbean should be about the size of an onion. But not your average onion... no, this was one ginormous onion with a diameter measuring a little over five inches! Needless to say, we had to make a special trip to the market just to find a big enough onion!
A few days ago while lying in bed I felt a soft finger-like poke coming from the inside of my belly! Naturally, I got super excited and thought to myself, "Yippee, baby, I know you're there! Now kick harder so daddy can feel you too!" I then yelled at Alec to come and feel the baby kick, but as it turns out, baby doesn't like being told what to do and daddy unfortunately didn't get to feel anything. I thought maybe that was the start of a neat little trend for baby... but ever since then, I haven't felt any wiggles, pokes or kicks... but I'm sure we'll get plenty of that later on down the road!
Well, it isn't much... but I think I've definitely grown a little since the last pictures. I still feel really good and of course, eating like a champ! I'm so looking forward to going home next week... and super excited about our next doctor's appointment with Dr. Neal on May 5th! Here's to hoping time goes by super fast the next couple of weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment