Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blessing Allen Jess

So while his parents were out playing around with all the fish that morning... Allen Jess spent a nice quiet morning with his 'Buela' and his soon to be Nina. But once his stinky parents finally came home, it was time for us all to take a much needed shower and get dressed and ready for an eventful afternoon! Naturally, Michele made sure Allen's clothes were all laid out and ready to go. All that was needed was one happy little baby!


Lucky for us, we just so happened to have one!


Michele had the honors of making sure the old clothes came off...
and the pretty new ones went on!


For not having a clue what was going on, an audience watching him get dressed and taking lots of pictures... he sure was in a good mood and a sweet happy baby!


I'm not sure what you'd call it... but it sure did look like a dress to me! Regardless, Allen seemed to be happy with his wardrobe!



All dressed up and ready to go!


Allen Jess and Michele sure did make for a beautiful couple!
(I think Jorge was a tad bit jealous!)


Allen Jess and his Cousins. Everyone looked so pretty! And to think... Allen was wearing the same exact outfit for his Baptism, as Leo and William wore for theirs!


We made the short drive over to the church that afternoon and we were all excited and anxious to get the ceremony underway!


Speaking of excitement... 
Jorge & Michele were just about beside themselves!


Allen Jess on the other hand was a little bit on the nervous side!


But after a short talk with his Nino...
Allen was reassured that he was ready to go!


Apparently it was rather extraordinary that the Priest met and greeted us at the threshold of the church, which meant we were very blessed... so we had that going for us, which was good!


The Priest did his thing outside...
and then he invited us in for the Baptism to begin.


I think we both were a little worried we'd have to deal with a cranky baby... but lucky for us, Jorge & Michele (the Godparents) had to hold him, so for better or for worse, he was their problem!


Naturally, the ceremony was all in Spanish, so I didn't have a clue what the Priest was saying... but I was pretty confident that he was keeping on point and not talking about the latest episode of Dora the Explorer!


I'm pretty sure I was the only one who didn't know what to expect. Luckily, I didn't have to speak or really do much of anything. So I just had a good time watching Allen be an outstanding guest of honor!


He tried his best to resist, but the temptation was just too strong.
Mmmm... fingers! Yum!


"Hey! How come there no toys in here?!"


Not exactly sure how "Holy" the water was... but just as long as he didn't make him drink any, I was good with it.


"Allen Jess on three, ready? One... Two..."


The ceremony ran a little longer than I had expected... I kind of figured they'd do a super fast version for 5-month-olds, but fortunately for us, Allen Jess did amazingly well, earned a ton of 'Gold Stars', and the Baptism was a huge success!


After the Priest concluded, Jorge & Michele joyfully celebrated being Godparents with their newly Baptized Godson!


And everyone hugged, kissed, and was super happy!


Two exceptionally proud parents!


Soon after the ceremony ended...
it was all smiles, for it was picture taking time!


"...and then he poured water on my head and I was like,
weeeee... more - more - more!"


Allen's good behavior certainly didn't last forever! As this picture was being taken someone was yelling out, "Quick, somebody get him his bottle!!!"


Poor Michele! If it weren't for Jorge's creepy smile and Allen making funny faces... it would've been a darn good picture! Boys will be boys!


Forget picking your card, sawing someone in half, or making someone disappear... try getting a 5-month-old to look at the camera long enough to take a decent picture! Now that's a magic trick!




Allen Jess's Baptism went off without a hitch! Not only was Allen blessed, but we all felt blessed that he is in our lives. We couldn't have asked for a better behaved little baby boy... who made everyone so very proud, but none more so than his new Godparents, Michele & Jorge. With such a good start to a very special day, there was only one logical thing left to do... CELEBRATE!!! (Poor Allen was starving... so it was either have a very unhappy boy or a bottle in the face! We obviously chose the latter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment