I think we'll both admit, even though Jei spends way more time with him than I do, that life - now that Allen Jess is in it, really isn't all that bad... or difficult I should say, than before he was in it. Sure, it's been frustrating, tiring, and hard sometimes... but overall, I think we've experienced way more good than we have bad! And although Jei & I don't really know any different, we're pretty sure Allen Jess is a really good baby. With that being said though, the little guy does have his moments every now and then where we as parents wish we could take a time-out instead of Allen taking one! For instance...
So there I am in the garage when I get a phone call from Jei, who I know is inside with Allen. She immediately asks, "What are you doing?" I told her I was in the garage working on something when she frantically interrupts and tells me to come upstairs as fast as I can! As you can only imagine, I'm just on the fringe of totally freaking out! I thought for sure something had happened to Allen. So I sprinted into the house and up the stairs and yelled out to see where she was. Jei yelled back that she was in our bathroom so I quickly rushed in to see what was going on. I stood at the entrance into the bathroom and saw Jei on her knees in front of the tub, Ming on the counter, and Allen standing up in the tub. I'm sure I had a puzzled look on my face... especially because everything seemed normal, except for Jei's big smile on her face. Naturally, I asked what was wrong. Jei then replied, "See anything that shouldn't belong?" I took a few seconds to scan around but didn't see anything peculiar so I said, "No." And then Jei says, "Come a little closer!"
I take a few steps forward and then I see it! "Is that what I think it is?" I asked. Jei, with her ear to ear grin, replied, "Oh yeah! It certainly is. Your son just took a crap in the bathtub and I don't know what to do?!"
So we just stood there for a while... kind of laughing, but totally grossed out, and wondering what to do about it. And in the mean time, Allen notices the "Brown Trout" in the water and decides it would be fun to play with! Jei quickly grabbed Allen and in the shower he went... while Mommy & Daddy went fishing, so to speak.
Perhaps that's where they got that infamous phrase from!? "$@%# happens!" It really wasn't anyone's fault really... it just happened. Hey, when ya gotta go... ya gotta go! And when it's nobody's fault, cleaning up the mess isn't such a big deal. The problem however, is when it is your fault and the blame can be placed solely on you... in which case the cleaning part is definitely the hardest pill to swallow, cause you know it could've been avoided! For instance...
Once again, I'm in the garage getting stuff done when I hear Jei yelling for me at the top of her lungs! I quickly opened the door and responded to see what she wanted. Her reply... "Get up here right now! Hurry!" Once again, I panic and I must have cleared the stairs in one giant leap cause I was upstairs looking into Allen's room in no time. I stood there at the doorway and the picture below is exactly what I saw... Allen standing in his crib and Jei standing right beside him with this awkward grin on her face.
Needless to say I was very perplexed... cause I saw nothing wrong. All of a sudden Jei says, "I am such an idiot!" I somehow trusted her in what she had just told me, but I was still very curious. So as I crept closer, I asked Jei why she thought she was an idiot, and then noticed Allen had what appeared to be food all over his mouth and chin. Without even hearing Jei's response... I finally got close enough to see exactly what we were dealing with!
So according to Jei... as she was bringing Allen up to put him in his crib for a little nap, she noticed that one of the velcro tabs on the diaper he was wearing had ripped off. And instead of changing the entire diaper right away, Jei had the brilliant plan of just leaving it on... as she figured the onesie was tight enough to hold the diaper in place. Obviously, by looking at the picture below, I certainly don't have to tell you how dumb that stupid plan was! Of course Allen didn't know any better... so he was happy as could be, even though there was poo EVERYWHERE!!! (Except where it all should've been - in his diaper!) On his bed, in and on his onesie, on his feet, on his hands, on the crib, and... excuse me while I throw-up in my mouth... on his face! I don't do well with infant/toddler poo to begin with, so when I saw this mess I most certainly was not a happy camper!
It took a little bit of time, effort, and lots of patience... but Allen and his crib got clean again, and a certain someone has learned a very valuable parenting lesson! But even with frustrating and disconcerting times, whether it's Allen fault or not, or a valuable parenting lesson that needs our attention... I'm blessed to have moments like this one where nothing else really matters, and I forget about all the times where he doesn't listen and gets into the cat food & water and makes a mess. No amount of whining, crying, or poo could make a difference whatsoever! It's silly moments like this where I thank God I'm a father to one happy baby boy!






No comments:
Post a Comment