So after days, weeks, and even months of being hounded on nearly a daily basis about how our son looks homeless... how he looks like we just pulled him out of a dumpster... how he's sporting a Redneck mullet... and how we could mop our floors if we turned him upside down, I finally caved in and agreed to go with Jei to take Allen Jess to get his very first haircut!
Naturally, before leaving that day for the monumental occasion...
Jei & I decided to have a little fun with the rat's nest!
With 14 months of growth...
there was plenty of hair to do as we pleased!
And with a tray full of yummy snacks...
Allen definitely was a good sport about it.
I like to call this one the Wave!
Yes, my 14-month-old son had a pony-tail...
how sad!
If your 14-month-old son has a mullet/ponytail...
you might be a Redneck!
The silly over-exagerated Dracula look.
The ever-so-popular Justin Bieber do.
Then there was the Alfalfa,
minus the few strands sticking up in the back.
"Mom, Dad... Seriously???"
And then for the final shot, we decided to keep it normal... or at least how we've been styling it, in a desperate attempt to mask the obvious white trash aura our child's hair presented on a daily basis!
I can't say for sure why I held out for so long... maybe I was afraid he'd lose that baby look? But after noticing small birds making themselves feel right at home in his hair... not to mention the fact that Allen was suddenly interested in watching NASCAR all the time, I knew it was finally time to give that boy a trim!
A short ride to Cool Cuts 4 Kids...
where Allen hailed a cab and was ready for the sheers!
We were a bit worried about how he would behave with someone messing with his hair, but all I have to say is thank God he's an Etheridge... for once 'Nemo' was playing on the television, Allen was sucked in and hardly noticed massive chunks of hair were being chopped off.
"Lady... I said just a tad off the sides!"
Between sitting & steering the car, watching his favorite movie, and of course his binky, Allen was a very good little boy... and made the hairdresser's job so much easier!
That's one proud & happy Momma...
watching her hobo-baby boy shed that nasty mullet!
We tried putting on the little white thingy that goes around the neck... as well as the big plastic cape that covers the body and catches all the fallen hair, but not surprisingly, Allen wanted absolutely nothing to do with those and refused to wear them. So bareback it was as she snipped and buzzed away!
And after the dust (hair) had settled and the weed-wacker was put away... suddenly, out of nowhere... a very handsome little boy appeared!
Not to mention his neck magically appearing as well!
With all that hair covering it, we hadn't seen that thing in forever!
And the clouds parted as angelic light rays beamed down
as if to say, "Hey-Zeus approves!"
New haircut - same ole' Allen...
completely sucked into the television!
I don't even think he knew he was getting his haircut! World War III could've started behind him and he wouldn't have known! (Just so you know, Jei & I were practically screaming his name, dancing around and anything else we could think of to get his attention so that he would look at the camera! Obviously, nothing worked!)
Of couse after seeing the little guy with his new do, I was so kicking myself for not having gotten it done any sooner... cause he looked so adorable and even more so than he did with his long locks! Needless to say, Jeilene and I were super happy with Allen's new look and were so proud of him for being so well behaved... which made it such a fun experience!
























Awww..he doesn't look like a baby anymore but now a handsome little fella! I love it!!!
ReplyDelete