No matter how you slice it... flying coast to coast is a pain in the butt! Especially flying west to east and losing three hours... and especially with a 14-month-old who refuses to nap! So as usual, our travels were pretty much an all day event, and despite a few flight delays that were to be expected for this time of year, we managed to get into Orlando all in one piece. And as we walked off the airport tram on our way to get our bags, we met two of the biggest smiling faces we had ever seen... which undoubtedly made the frustrations of the all day plane travel worth every penny and every hassle imaginable!!!
"Okay... on the count of three,
the first one that grabs him gets to hold him until we get to the car!"
After a super long day and finally getting in well past midnight, the three of us slept extremely well... and extremely late! By the time we got up it was almost noon, and a certain someone could hardly wait to finally get to play with a certain well rested smaller someone!
So while Moe-Joe and Allen went outside on a gorgeous warm sunny day to play and stroll around the neighborhood together... the rest of us were left alone, in the house, to do chores!
Dad-Oh was left in the kitchen to do... dare I say, the dishes!
(I know, I didn't believe it either, but proof is in the picture!)
Jei was left to look up ingredients online for all the dinners she's planning on cooking us... but I think she was just checking her Facebook!
And I was left to put up the Christmas tree!
Done!
"Don't worry Dad-Oh... you're good, I've got the ladder!"
Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh must have felt bad about me having to put up the tree and decorate it by myself... either that or they just wanted to get into the Christmas Spirit themselves, but either way, I ended up getting some much needed help!
Meanwhile... Santa's little helper
kept busy in the kitchen wrapping presents!
I think Dad-Oh was the only one who didn't sleep in...
which is why he was the only one who felt the need for a nap.
Well, maybe not everyone! Allen was able to convince Dad-Oh to join him on the bed for nap time that afternoon.
And while the boys slept,
the girls sat outside and ate a late lunch.
But then nap time concluded...
and play time ensued!
Dad-Oh & Allen love playing by the pool!
All that silliness builds up an appetite... so while Allen snacked, Moe-Joe started decorating the tree... with the help from Allen of course. "No Moe-Joe! That one doesn't look good there. Put it higher!"
We had only one project to finish our first day here... and between the Christmas music blaring, untangling light strings, organizing tree limbs, putting up all the decorations, and keeping Allen from destroying everything, the all day family project finally came together that evening... and if you ask me, it turned out pretty darn good and was a huge success!
Later that evening, Allen and his favorite playmate (until his cousins arrive!) hung-out in the office and continued to play and be silly!
We certainly didn't have to fight Moe-Joe & Dad-Oh for play time with Allen! As far as we were concerned, they could play, hang-out, and take care of him for as long and as much as they wanted...
While Jeilene & I relax and enjoy a nice break!















No comments:
Post a Comment