Sunday, May 16, 2010

Key-Dens make life better!

Feeling let down, depressed, perplexed, sad, and completely disheartened... Jei & I decided to do the only thing that we knew for sure would automatically & instantly cheer us up.  So we jumped in the car and drove down the street to the local animal shelter and visited the "Cattery"!!!  We weren't sure what to expect... but boy we certainly weren't disappointed!  They had tons of tiny little kittens... and within seconds our hearts completely melted and all those depressing feelings we had hours earlier had completely disappeared!

Not surprisingly, we both fell in love with just about every little thing in there... but two sweet Key-Dens in particular really grabbed our hearts!  We held them, played with them, loved on them... and then I looked at Jei, and then Jei looked at me, and we both knew these were going to be our new "babies"!


It had been over a year since "Shmoo" had passed, and Jei & I had always said we'd be cat owners again someday... so I don't think we felt like the two kittens were replacing or filling the void of our lost 'MoMo' Twins, but I think it was just the right time for us.  Besides, we still had a whole bunch of love to give that was stored away for two little humans... so Jei & I decided to give it to the next best thing!  All we knew for sure was that these two little Key-Dens were going to be a part of our family now and were going to make us very happy!  

Unfortunately, both kittens hadn't been fixed yet, so we had to leave them there at the shelter for the weekend.  They would both go to the vet the following Monday and get taken care of... and then we'd be able to take them home that afternoon.  Jei & I could hardly stand it.  We were both glowing with excitement!  Finally, after a rather long lay-off, we'd have Key-Dens in our house once again!  Yippeeeeee!!!

Now, allow me to introduce you to our newest members of the family...   


Meet "Bing"... an orange male tabby that I picked out who is oh-so-sweet!


And now meet "Ming"... a female calico which Jei picked and who is also oh-so-sweet!


Together they are Ming & Bing!  No real rhyme or reason behind the names... but I swore if I ever got another cat (after Shmoo died), I would get two and name them Ming & Bing.  I would now like to point out, in all fairness... that Helen was the ONLY winner!  She was the only one that guessed it right... of all four logical answers listed in the poll, "Two Key-Dens!" ended up being the right answer after all!!!  Who would've guessed?!  =)  We were absolutely devastated at the start of the week, but by the weekend... knowing that we had just adopted two crazy little Key-Dens, and about to give them the best & most loving home ever, life was looking a whole Hell of a lot better!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Bing reminds me of "Wilson" the orange tabby kitten you found on the tennis courts behind out house on SBC...remember, Alec? Kady terrorized that poor kitten;-O

    ReplyDelete