After having our hearts broken and enduring quite an emotional couple of days in the hospital... I am relieved to say Alec and I are doing well. I am physically feeling a lot better and emotionally still in disbelief of the loss we have suffered. The babies were nothing but a mere idea that filled our hearts with unbelievable love and happiness. Given that my belly never really grew at all, and the fact that I never once felt sick or "pregnant"... proof of the twins' existence was nothing more than a few ultrasound photographs. Needless to say, it's still hard to wrap our minds around the fact that our hopes and plans for the future with these babies have been crushed.
I pray to God most every night and trust he never left my side. I thank him for telling me early that our babies were at risk and for giving me the strength when we had to say goodbye. I am so very grateful for my family, for they made this horrible nightmare a little less frightening. Joanne & Helen drove down to be with us, took off work, slept in their car, bought me ice cream, flew my Mom out, and even picked her up at the border! I don't think I can thank them enough for everything they did for us and for all of their support! I'm especially grateful for my wonderful husband! Alec never left my side, nor did he lead-on for one moment that he was scared... he was sensitive and supportive, he was my rock, my optimism, my hope.
Most importantly, Alec and I would like to thank you all for your concern, prayers and well wishes. Knowing that not just our hearts were broken and that family & friends shared our sadness brings me immense comfort. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives... and know that God will bless us with children when the time is right.

No comments:
Post a Comment