After what seemed like an eternity in taking so much time off from baking & decorating my yummy creations... I finally got back in the saddle this past weekend! My mom & I got a late invite to my aunt's birthday party on Sunday, so I figured what better time and occasion to make a cake!
As for the flavor... cut up strawberries & blueberries were added into the whipped cream filling of the two layer vanilla cake! YUM!!!
So while I baked, frosted, and iced in the kitchen...
My mom started on yet another blanket for Baby!
So my Mom & I saw this cake in a magazine...
and thought, "I could so do that!"
It felt good to be back baking and decorating in the kitchen again...
but by the second day, my back was sore and I was exhausted!
Although somewhat time consuming, it wasn't too difficult and thought it came out pretty good for not having practiced in so long!
It hasn't been professionally photographed nor professionally photo-shopped...
but considering, I think it compares quite nicely!
And trust me, it tasted just as good as it looked!!!
Happy birthday to my Aunt Dora!













YEAH!!!! So glad you're "back in the saddle" again! Your latest is beautiful - and looks delicious.
ReplyDelete