I think I fully realized just how long we had been away from home when I couldn't remember which drawer our silverware was in as I was unpacking all of our stuff. Needless to say, it felt sooo good to be back home! With Alec going back to work, I was left by myself all week to juggle random chores, play time with the Key-Dens, and fighting off boredom! But surprisingly, I stayed quite busy and made the best out of all my free time... between naps of course!
We happily entered the 19th week and all is well. Little 'Butterbean' should measure approximately 6 inches or so from head to booty... which is about the size of a very large mango, but trying to find a 6 inch mango proved to be quite impossible. So we ultimately had to scratch the fruit/vegetable picture this week, but hope to continue it next week. He/She (hopefully) can now clearly hear everything around us, responds to light, and is getting a "kick" out of the use of it's tiny little leg joints... as I feel frequent nudges that will soon keep me up at night!
After visiting with former coworkers at the office, a lunch date with a good friend, and a dinner date with another couple this week, the excitment of being home came to a climax when we had our first doctor's appointment since being back on Thursday! We really didn't know what to expect, but we were excited to finally see our friendly Dr. Neal... and then got super excited when they put us in one of the examination rooms that had an ultrasound machine! But our excitement didn't last for very long as they ended up moving us into a smaller room that of course didn't have an ultrasound machine.
It ended up being a short visit... but well worth it. We got to hear the heartbeat again (Yeah!), and got to ask Dr. Neal a bunch of questions in order to ease my paranoia! But most importantly, he gave us the ultrasound referral paperwork for us to schedule our second ultrasound for the baby's anatomy scan! And about 20 minutes later, we had our appointment scheduled for Monday, May 9th at 3:00 pm PST.
So, barring any complications... like someone being too shy to show us the goods, we should know who voted right and who voted wrong by Monday afternoon! Until then, hope everyone has put in their vote... and may all the current and expecting mothers enjoy their much deserved day on Sunday!
Happy Mother's Day!
There really isn't anything more to say than I LoveYou! and can't wait to meet your daughter/son!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteReally glad to have you both back home! Plus, little Butterbean! Love the pictures! Love you!!!
ReplyDelete