After Jei got cleaned up and was movable, and all our visitors left, it was time to say goodbye...
To our labor room that is! The hospital kicked us out and moved us down the hall to our very own postpartum room... where we would spend the next two days second guessing why exactly we wanted to have our very own eat, sleep and poo machine!
Ever wonder what a new mother looks like in the morning without any sleep?
Not knowing any better...
we let Allen sleep pretty much the entire first morning!
And of course we paid for it big time that night!!!
Jei started breast feeding... and you know what that means! So here is actual proof that I was the one to change his very first diaper... latex gloves and all!
Again, not knowing any better... while Allen Jess slept all day, Jei was up getting some Internet time in... instead of getting some nap time in!
For being so big...
he sure did feel tiny to me!
Not only was the hospital nice, new & clean...
but the staff was great and the meals were pretty decent too.
Jei's awake and Allen's asleep...
must be daytime!
One of the highlights was definitely getting to Skype with Grandma Moe-Joe and Grandpa Dad-Oh! They're not due in town for another couple of weeks... but it certainly was better than just a regular phone call! (What did we ever do before cell (smart) phones and laptops?)
I think we both figured out that Allen Jess was on a midnights schedule after the first night... so we of course adapted and took turns taking cat-naps during the day.
I hope he doesn't get too freaked about about it...
but my new favorite thing to do now is just simply stare!
He makes the funniest little faces... I just love watching him!
It really is hard to believe that the little guy is ours! I still don't see any resembling features... but I'm sure it will take a little more time than just two days!
By the second day, Jei was feeling better, but still felt like she had just spent the last 24 hours performing at a Tae Bo convention! Fortunately, both doctor's cleared a healthy & happy Allen & Jei to go home on the third day.
It was a rather long two days of no sleep and stinkiness (neither one of us showered while we were there!), but although it was a rough introduction into our new lives... we both were completely head over heels excited about showing up to the hospital as two, and leaving as three!
I love my new family!
My new life of no sleep, changing dirty diapers, and feeling useless...
not so much. But my new family, I totally love!!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment