It may have been our last night in Meeker... and we may have been sad that we were leaving the next day and that our family vacation was coming to an end... but you certainly wouldn't have realized it by the look on Allen's face that night! After our hysterical game of Twister had concluded, Allen Jess awoke from his nap in an extraordinarily good and happy mood! Mandi picked him up, sat on the couch with him, talked to him and made some funny faces... and that's all it took. After that, he was all smiles!
If we had planned it four months in advance, I honestly don't believe 'Thanksgiving in Meeker' would have worked out any better than it did with just the two weeks of planning we did have. Everything worked out so perfectly... so much so that I wouldn't have changed a single thing! Well, actually, I could've done without being sick all week, but if that's the price I have to pay for an amazing week at my Sister's house celebrating Thanksgiving with all my family, than I will gladly accept & pay it! Thank you 'High-Ridge' family for hosting, cooking, driving, playing, and tolerating us for the entire week. We love you so very much, we had an amazingly good time, and we can't wait to do it again soon! And now that we know Allen Jess can handle a 13-hour road trip... don't invite us up again unless you really mean it, cause we'll be there baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment