Friday, December 23, 2011

Twister

It was our last day in Meeker and we had absolutely nothing planned... which is just how we like it, for we spent the morning being lazy and relaxing on the deck together enjoying the sunshine and each other! 


With all the free time we had, Mandi & Jei spent the majority of it downloading, editing and sharing all of our great pictures we had taken throughout the week.


Moe-Joe really had to twist all of our arms... but she finally convinced us to join her & Gabe for a walk to the park.


We couldn't ask for a better day!
It was sunny with a nice chill in the air... 
perfect weather for a little tomfoolery at the park!


It's hard not to have a smile on your face...
when you watch Hamp & Sammy play together!


And it's even harder to watch them play without you...
so I almost always join in!


After all the running around and horseplay we could handle... we eventually joined Moe-Joe and Allen Jess as they strolled around the park.


I got the last laugh though before the sun went down and we left the park... when I caught, tackled, and tickle-tortured Hampton! Next time he'll think twice about calling his Uncle an old man!


That night, Hampton and Sammy begged and pleaded for all of us to play their new game they got for Christmas: Twister!


Not sure when the last time any of us stepped onto a Twister mat was... but in hindsight, it probably would have been a good idea to stretch before playing!


First up... Hampton vs. Mandi


And then Sammy took on the ever-so-limber Moe-Joe!


And then last but not least...
Jason and I somehow found ourselves on the mat together!


I think Hampton found it quite amusing to be in charge of the spinner and torture his father and uncle! 


After landing in some precarious positions... Gabe felt a little left out and decided to try and get some lovings right in the middle of our game! Needless to say, Jason and I didn't last much longer after Gabe showed up.




From the looks of it, I don't think Hampton liked what was called out very much!
"You want me to put my what, where?!?!" 


Well, it wasn't one of our typical family game-night games that we like to play, but it certainly was just as fun... and a great way to end a wonderful and relaxing day! Hamp had to go to school early the next morning, and we weren't going to get to see him before we left to go back home, so I made sure he was tucked into bed and wished him and his dog a good night... and thanked him for being such a sweet nephew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment